Saturday, January 7, 2017

Challenge 22 DT Post for Creative Artiste




Hello Crafty Friends and Followers

It is that time again ...Challenge 22 for 

Our Awesome Sponsor this month is
          


Our Challenge this month is still
"Anything Goes" for anyone that wants to join in.

So to be in it for a great prize,
get Crafty and go to...
...check out the Challenge Rules and become a Follower
if you are not already!!!


This is my DT project for this month

Rochelle's Christmas Trinket Box

I started off with a Black Cigar box and hubby sanded 
it back with the electrical sander for me...


 Then I primed the box with white gesso and used blue acrylic paint 
and painted about half an inch from the edges inside and 
out to make sure the edges of the gesso didn't show.



I lined both the interior and exterior of the box with patterned paper
over which I used the texture paste and "Art is" and stencilled on the lid
and the used the "Doily" Stencil around the sides.

Following this I was then able to apply the spray mist
to the stencilled surfaces in a colour to compliment the
silver embellishments and blue flowers I had chosen.


I then dressed the under side of the box with card prior
to fixing the lovely ornate feet.

The final touches were to place the Heart Frame
from my much loved Scrapmatts inside followed by
my hand made Stick Pin on the front to compliment and tie in
all the other embellishments and a
a length of diamanté trim and it was job done.


1 x Wooden Cigar Box
Lemoncraft patterned paper - Forget me not
Prima – Doily Stencil & Resin Balloons
TCW – Mini Art is
LSG – Tibetan Poppy Teal
WOC – Flowers
Lace Scarf Off-Cut
2 x Metal Butterflies & 1 x Metal Circle Filigree
Handmade Stick Pin
2 x Different Laces
1 x Blue Braided Ribbon
Tim Holtz – Metal Feet
Scrapmatts Heart Frame 03
Diamanté Trim

I would like to enter the challenges Below

Love to create challenge blog - ATG
Brown Sugar Challenge Blog - Ch 232 ATG
Altered Eclectics  - December challenge 

So there you have it, my project for this month...Hope you enjoyed it...

Please be kind and leave me some love,
join in and don't forget to become a follower.

Keep on Crafting!!!

11 comments:

  1. Fabulous project love the colour,lace and embellishments
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rhonda this is absolutely stunning I love how you have decorated this box. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty trinket box Rhonda. Love the colours. Thank you for hosting such a great challenge this month. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely box and decoration. So bright!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning, you put everything together so well and your cigar box has ended up looking like a very expensive piece of intage art! Love, Denyse x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful Rhonda. A fabulous background and wonderful lace. The embellishments are gorgeous, especially the butterflies. I'm sure Rochelle will treasure this for ever xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous project Rhonda! Love all the texture and the colour is beautiful, Jane :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Rhonda, wow what a beautiful project, so pretty inside and out! Thanks so much for joining us at We Love 2 Create this time
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautifully altered cigar box, full of detail and texture. Many thanks for joining in with our "anything goes" challenge over at Love to Create Challenges Lou (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a pretty box..love how you have decorated it,inside as well as out.A lovely entry for our challenge at Altered Eclectics...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful altered box Rhonda. Lovely colours and details. Thank you for joining us at Altered Eclectics this month. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I do appreciate them all and I read them.
I hope you have loved your visit and come back again soon. Rhonda xx